Looking for a job with Mall of America®and Nickelodeon Universe®? You’ll find everything you need to know right here.
Team Members must be at least 16 years of age.
Mall of America requires that all job applicants successfully pass a pre-employment drug test. Testing is conducted according to applicable Minnesota Law.
Mall of America is open 364 days a year (every day except for Christmas Day). This means our Team Members must be flexible with their schedules. Since our guests visit us during the days, nights and weekends, Team Members may be asked to work a variety of shifts to provide the best possible service at all times.
Mall of America offers positions to work with your schedule, including:
- Part-time (PT) – Team Members are scheduled a minimum of 30 hrs. per month.
- Full-time (FT) – Team Members are scheduled a minimum of 34 hrs. a week, preferably more, on a regular basis.
- Seasonal (SE) – Team Members are hired specifically for a limited time period.
Getting to Work
We’re located in Bloomington, Minnesota just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. Many bus and lightrail schedules run regularly to Mall of America.
Please visit the Visit section of this website for more info.
Personality and Teamwork
Since more than one million guests visit Mall of America each year, we’re looking for outgoing, friendly, motivated individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced, service-based environment. These individuals will work together as a team to provide a truly amazing experience for our guests.
Mall of America maintains certain standards of appearance for all of our Team Members. These standards may seem conservative, but they’re what our guests have come to expect over the years.
- Tattoos: Tattoos must not be visible to guests. Bandages and cosmetics are not considered acceptable methods for covering tattoos.
- Hairstyles: Extreme hairstyles, such as dreadlocks and mohawks, are not permitted. Braids are acceptable if worn in straight rows. Extreme hair colors are not allowed. Highlights are acceptable only if they are considered to be a natural color.
- Men’s hair must not extend past the middle of their ears. Hair must be trimmed above the top of an ordinary shirt collar in the back. Beards, goatees and excessively long sideburns are not permitted.
- Piercings: Women may wear two earrings per ear, as long as they’re matched sets. All other visible body piercings (e.g., nose, lip, eyebrow) are prohibited. Male team members are not allowed any visible piercings.
Mall of America is an equal opportunity employer
Mall of America is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws and regulations. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Employment Services at 952-883-8560 to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
Monday – Friday
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Team Member Benefits
(*Indicates benefits for full-time team members only)
- *Health Care Plan: Mall of America offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Medical benefits provided by Medica
- Dental benefits provided by Delta Dental
- Vision Plan provided by VSP
- For hourly team members, benefits start on the first of the month after you have worked 30 days. For salaried team members, benefits start the first of the month following your hiring date.
- *Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- *Disability: Short and Long Term Disability Insurance varies based on type of employment and the length of time you’ve worked at Mall of America.
- *Paid Time Off (PTO): Full-time team members begin accruing PTO on their first day of work at Mall of America. PTO is accrued on hours worked and based on length of service. New team members can begin using PTO after 3 months of continued service at MOA. In addition to PTO team members receive six paid holidays.
- 401(K) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Assistance Program: Team Members and their families are eligible to use the Team Member Assistance Program at no cost. Counseling is available for daily living issues such as personal and work concerns, family issues, dependency issues, legal concerns, locating community resources, financial expenses and more.
- Team Member Referral Program: Occasionally Team Members refer a friend or family member for employment with Mall of America. Once that friend or family member has been employed for 30 days, the referring Team Member receives a $100 gift certificate. Team Members who refer three individuals who then become team members receive another $100 gift certificate.
- Team Member Activities: Mall of America schedules several company-sponsored events throughout the year. These activities include softball tournaments, holiday breakfasts, bingo nights, dances, department parties and much more!
- Miscellaneous Perks: In addition to standard benefits, tuition reimbursement and a 401(K) plan, we offer unique perks you won’t find anywhere else.These perks include:
- Free ride passes
- 20% discount on Nickelodeon Universe merchandise
- Select Mall of America retail store discounts
Call our Job Hotline (952) 883-8JOB (8562) or Employment Services at (952) 883-8560.